Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is definitely influenced by the course of duty of the crane which should be determined and specified. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal equipment models type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear systems type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while purchasing the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating desk, observe in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm check the gear box rating horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected in a way that the ranked HP is equal or more than the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric engine for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will be suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· As the consumed HP is 9, the unit HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will end up being suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in class IV duty the rated HP is 3
If just recently you, one of your buddies or family members member had any type of experience with crane duty helical gearbox, do not be reluctant to discuss your viewpoint in remarks.