Gearing Arrangement: Worm Brand Name: EED
Input Speed: 1400 rpm Output Speed: 14 rpm to 186 rpm
Rated Power: 0.06 ~ 4KW Output Torque: 2.6-479N.M
Color: Blue/Silver or on request Origin: ZHangZhoug, China (Mainland)
Warranty: 1 Year Application: Industry
Supply Ability: 20000 Piece/Pieces per Month
Extra Service: OEM is welcome
QC System: ISO9001:2008
Packaging & Delivery
Package: Wooden box/Paper carton
Port: HangZhou/ZheJiang or on request
|TYPE||Worm Gear Speed Reducer/Worm Gearbox|
|MODEL||NMRV series size:571,030,040,050,063,075,090,110,130,150|
|COLOR||Blue(RAL5571)/Silver grey (RAL9571) or on your request|
|PACKING||Wooden box/Paper carton|
|USAGES||Foodstuffs, Ceramics, Packing, Chemicals, Pharmacy, Plastics, Paper-making, Machine-tools|
|IEC FLANGE||IEC standard flange or on request|
|LUBRICANT||Shell or Henry|
About CZPT since 1984
HangZhou Melchizedek Import & Export Co., Ltd. is a leader manufactur in mechanism field and punching/stamping field since 1984. Our main product, NMRV worm gear speed reducer and series helical gearbox, XDR, XDF, XDK, XDS have reached the advanced technique index of the congeneric European and Janpanese products. We offer standard gears, sprockets, chains, pulleys, couplings, bushes and so on. We also can accept orders of non-standard products, such as gears, shafts, punching parts ect, according to customers’ drawings or samples.
Our company has complete set of equipment including CNC, lathes, milling machines, gear hobbing machine, gear grinding machine, gear honing machine, gear shaping machine, worm grinder, grinding machines, drilling machines, boringmachines, planer, drawing benches, punches, hydraulic presses, plate shearing machines and so on. We have advanced testing equipments as well.
Our company has established favorable cooperation relationships with sub-suppliers involving casting, raw material, heat treatment, surface finishing and so on.
The most advantage of the speed reducer is the technique of cobber clad, which can enhance the occlusal force between the bronze and core wheel.
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Aspect||Worm Gearbox||Helical Gearbox|
|Efficiency||Lower efficiency due to sliding friction between the worm and worm wheel.||Higher efficiency due to rolling contact between helical gear teeth.|
|Torque Transmission||Excellent torque transmission and high reduction ratios achievable in a single stage.||Good torque transmission, but may require multiple stages for high reduction ratios.|
|Noise and Vibration||Generally higher noise and vibration levels due to sliding action.||Lower noise and vibration levels due to smoother rolling contact.|
|Backlash||Higher inherent backlash due to the design.||Lower backlash due to meshing of helical teeth.|
|Efficiency at Higher Speeds||Less suitable for high-speed applications due to efficiency loss.||More suitable for high-speed applications due to higher efficiency.|
|Overload Protection||Natural self-locking feature provides some overload protection.||May not have the same level of inherent overload protection.|
|Applications||Commonly used for applications requiring high reduction ratios, such as conveyor systems and heavy-duty machinery.||Widely used in various applications including automotive transmissions, industrial machinery, and more.|
Both worm and helical gearboxes have their place in engineering, and the choice between them depends on the specific requirements of the application. Worm gearboxes are preferred for applications with high reduction ratios, while helical gearboxes are chosen for their higher efficiency and smoother operation.
Materials Used for Worm Gears
Worm gears are manufactured using a variety of materials to meet different application requirements. Some commonly used materials for worm gears include:
- Steel: Steel is a popular choice for worm gears due to its strength, durability, and wear resistance. It can handle heavy loads and is often used in industrial applications.
- Bronze: Bronze offers good lubricity and is commonly used for the worm gear (worm) component. It provides effective wear resistance and works well in applications where quiet operation is essential.
- Cast Iron: Cast iron is known for its high strength and durability. It’s often used for worm gears in applications where shock loads or heavy-duty conditions are expected.
- Aluminum: Aluminum worm gears are lightweight and corrosion-resistant, making them suitable for applications where weight reduction is important.
- Plastic: Some worm gears are made from plastic materials such as nylon or acetal. These materials are often chosen for their self-lubricating properties and quiet operation.
- Composite Materials: Composite materials can offer a combination of properties, such as lightweight construction and corrosion resistance. They can be suitable for specific applications.
The choice of material depends on factors such as the application’s load, speed, operating environment, and required performance characteristics. It’s important to consider these factors when selecting the appropriate material for worm gears to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Lubrication Requirements for a Worm Gearbox
Lubrication is crucial for maintaining the performance and longevity of a worm gearbox. Here are the key considerations for lubricating a worm gearbox:
- Type of Lubricant: Use a high-quality, high-viscosity lubricant specifically designed for worm gearboxes. Worm gearboxes require lubricants with additives that provide proper lubrication and prevent wear.
- Lubrication Interval: Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for lubrication intervals. Regularly check the gearbox’s temperature and oil condition to determine the optimal frequency of lubrication.
- Oil Level: Maintain the proper oil level to ensure effective lubrication. Too little oil can lead to insufficient lubrication, while too much oil can cause overheating and foaming.
- Lubrication Points: Identify all the lubrication points on the gearbox, including the worm and wheel gear surfaces. Apply the lubricant evenly to ensure complete coverage.
- Temperature: Consider the operating temperature of the gearbox. Some lubricants have temperature limits, and extreme temperatures can affect lubricant viscosity and performance.
- Cleanliness: Keep the gearbox and the surrounding area clean to prevent contaminants from entering the lubricant. Use proper filtration and seals to maintain a clean environment.
- Monitoring: Regularly monitor the gearbox’s temperature, noise level, and vibration to detect any signs of inadequate lubrication or other issues.
Proper lubrication will reduce friction, wear, and heat generation, ensuring smooth and efficient operation of the worm gearbox. Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines for lubrication specifications and intervals.
editor by CX 2023-08-17